[AJD] one battery versus multiple batteries

kreig astroguy at nas.com
Sat Feb 11 12:33:44 PST 2006

I have a large battery in one of my old trucks which has gone dead.
Needing, or wanting, to replace the battery and was wondering if I could use
multiple smaller batteries as a replecement. One guy I talked to said I
would have more cranking amps from multiple batteries over a single large
one.

The dead battery measures 11" x 20".  There is enough room in the battery
box for 3 regular sized 12V batteries hooked up in series.

Comments?  Thoughts?  Warnings??

Thanks,  kreig