[Farmall] H carburetor questions

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Thu Feb 9 07:23:01 PST 2006

Kenneth,
I haven't worked on an H carburetor so I can't answer any specifics.  But I
didn't see any other replies to this.  Maybe it got mixed in with the
transmission leak question.

Generally, the difference between gasoline and multi-fuel carburetors is in
metering.  Jets, air bleeds and the like are the major differences.  Some of
these differences are in small parts assembled into the carburetor, others
are machined into the bowl and throttle body (main housings).  On some
engines, the multi carb will have an adjustable main jet while the gasoline
only is fixed.  Basic carburetor kits usually contain gaskets, float valve
etc. that are the same in both versions of the carburetor.  The complete kit
might include parts (like a jet) that are sized to one application or the
other.  So the parts in a comlpete kit will usually go right into either
carburetor.  They just won't be right.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net