[Farmall] Question about those #@$^$$# Cubs

Chuck mars at nwlink.com
Tue Feb 7 20:47:06 PST 2006

Last summer I bought a 1953 Cub, I have been working on it as time permits,
I had to replace the

Gas tank an hood since someone was to lazy to take it off an cut it instead.
(from what I have

Seen this must happen to a lot of them).  Question I have is why is there
difference between

The gas tanks an rear support on Cubs. I have looked in the parts book,
owners manual, on

Line an see that even though the year may change there are long an short
hoods an rear

Support brackets thought out the years they were made. I  thought that maybe
because

It had hyd., there would be a difference, not so, I find as before with the
age, a tractor with

Or without hyd. makes no difference to the size of the tank an support
bracket.  Can anyone

Please tell me why there is a long an a short tank an bracket to match. With
every thing I do

I seem to sometimes go the wrong direction, I bought a new used tank,
sanded, cleaned,

Primed, the tank I bought, then it happened. I matched the bracket to the
tank an I saw what

Was to be a big problem, the old tank was a short tank an support bracket an
the tank I

Bought is a long, ugh. So as the old story goes an is part of my learning
curve I now know

More about Cubs.

Chuck