[Farmall] Farmall H transmission oil leak

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 7 08:19:07 PST 2006

I'd suggest obtaining a manual or two for familiarization.  One shaft is
power input from the clutch.  The other is power output to the hydraulic
pump that sits between the transmission and flywheel.  The pump has a
control lever and several pipes that allow connection to external hydraulic
cylinders on attachments.

Bob Holtzer

At 10:45 PM 2/6/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>         My sincere thanks go to all who have read and responded to my vague
>questions
>regarding the oil leak on my H. I have already received a great deal of
>motivation from
>you folks on this website! I’ve been slow to begin on what feels like a
>huge undertaking!
>But, now that the major house remodeling is sort of caught up ­ momma’s
>happy for
>now -  I plan to get moving.
>         I removed the shroud that covers the section between the trans
> and the
>engine.
>There are two shafts that enter the trans body, both have seals. I think I
>can figure out
>how to replace them, however, anyone out there that knows may be able to
>save me
>some mistakes. What are these shafts? How come two? I can understand
>one
.If anyone
>is inclined, have a look at a couple of pictures I took yesterday, 2/5/06.
>www.coolpoolguy.com/farmall/index.htm .
>Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. :~)
>Bob Holtzer commented it could be the pump shaft. What does the pump do?
>Thanx!
>Chuck
>Pictures are worth many words
..old Indian saying??