[Farmall] Farmall H transmission oil leak

chuck at coolpoolguy.com chuck at coolpoolguy.com
Mon Feb 6 20:45:14 PST 2006

Hello all,
	My sincere thanks go to all who have read and responded to my vague
questions
regarding the oil leak on my H. I have already received a great deal of
motivation from
you folks on this website! I’ve been slow to begin on what feels like a
huge undertaking!
But, now that the major house remodeling is sort of caught up – momma’s
happy for
now -  I plan to get moving.
	I removed the shroud that covers the section between the trans and the
engine.
There are two shafts that enter the trans body, both have seals. I think I
can figure out
how to replace them, however, anyone out there that knows may be able to
save me
some mistakes. What are these shafts? How come two? I can understand
one
.If anyone
is inclined, have a look at a couple of pictures I took yesterday, 2/5/06.
www.coolpoolguy.com/farmall/index.htm .
Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. :~)
Bob Holtzer commented it could be the pump shaft. What does the pump do?
Thanx!
Chuck
Pictures are worth many words
..old Indian saying??