[AT] how-to USB

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Feb 5 15:06:47 PST 2006

Right, H.L.  In those days, the rest of the peripherals were still
connected to the buss without the use of the USB controller.  I guess I
wouldn't define a five year old computer as being "modern".

I have a couple of desktop computers that are both completely USB 2.0,
but my laptop (which is only two years old) has a USB 1.0 root
controller that is hardwired to the motherboard and all the peripherals
go through it.  It isn't uncommon for me to have to bypass four or five
of those warning messages when I get everything hooked up to it.

Larry