[AJD] Eastwood Powder Coating System Results

TSmith1499 at aol.com TSmith1499 at aol.com
Sun Feb 5 13:31:55 PST 2006

Well, I got a few small pieces powder coated using the Eastwood powder
coating system. I will have to say it works great and is very easy to do.  Results
are exactly as expected. very nice finish even on badly pitted  brake rods.

Now for the bad part.  Nothing really terrible except that their JD  green
powder is at least 2 shades darker than JD Ag Green or Classic Green from  a
spray can. I was hoping it would match so I could powder small parts and paint
the big ones.

The other thing is that they should just tell you to buy their brush
cleaning kit. Supposedly you can clean up the gun with just your compressed  air.
Well, all the green didn't come out until I got a small bottle brush and  brushed
it out. I will be ordering their cleaning kit today.

Just wanted to let you guys that are interested know how it went. I am
definitely going to use it some more, just not for my tractor projects.  Unless I
can get some powder closer to JD's  color.