[Farmall] Farmall H transmission oil leak

Justin Weber jtweber at smig.net
Sun Feb 5 08:43:46 PST 2006

The H does not need to be split to replace any transmission seals.  The
seals at the front of the transmission can be accessed with the liftall
pump removed and the clutch shaft removed (the clutch shaft is a pain to
remove, but it can be done).   If the seals  in the front of the trans
are bad, you may want to check the bearings for the countershaft &
transmission input shaft.   To change these, I would suggest removing
the deck of the transmission.   The H and M transmissions are very
simple, and anyone can work on them if they pay attention to how
everything comes out..