[Farmall] Newbie post

chuck at coolpoolguy.com chuck at coolpoolguy.com
Sat Feb 4 18:50:48 PST 2006

Hey all!
I'm a Newbie.....be gentle ;~)
I have a 1944 H, used it for a number of years in my couple-acre
pumpkin patch to pull a double 14, disk/drag and flat rack. I bought it at
an auction for a grand. After I got it home I discovered the trans won't
hold fluid very long. OK, I kept a bucket under her and caught the juices,
then poured 'em back in before the next use. That first winter I kept an
eye on the bucket, when it was full I added another bucket. The trans
pretty well drains completely. I lived with it, just kept refilling the
trans between uses. I quit the pumpkin thing a few years back and she's
been sitting since. I'd like to get to fixing the problem - any hints?

Chuck
Oil always seeks it's own level.