[AT] Rivet how-to

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 4 10:51:59 PST 2006

The only thing is these are about a 60 deg included angle and go to a sharp
point. I'll just have to machine the taper in. My plan is to make a king
size tool like you rivet sections with. Before making the tool body I'll get
the set end made and use my lathe to hold everything for brading. I'm
thinking something along the lines of 3/4 fine thread ought to give me
enough power if I heat the rivet. I think the trick is going to be getting
the rivet just the right length.

Are rivets made out of soft steeel such as leadloy or are they something
more like CRS?

John