[Farmall] Farmall Paint

soffiler at myeastern.com soffiler at myeastern.com
Fri Feb 3 04:44:02 PST 2006

OK, time to chime in with my two cents.

I've used a couple different brands of "cold galvanizing
compound" - Home Depot and local hardware type stuff, maybe
Krylon and Rustoleum, not sure...  anyway, I found results
quite different.  One just looked like conventional gray
primer.  The other had obvious metal flakes in it, although
it did not end up looking all that much like real
galvanizing either.  I am certain that this stuff is
formulated for performance, not appearance.

Now, let's point out that this discussion has become
confused.  The rims were CADMIUM plated originally, NOT zinc
plated nor galvanized (which are different processes, both
using zinc).

Steve O.