[AT] Rivet how-to

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Thu Feb 2 21:22:32 PST 2006

There are some guys on this list who can answer your question a whole
lot better than I can, John, but I'll start.

My best guess is that a rivet of that diameter was hot when headed.  I
tried to find the name for the pointed head but haven't come up with it
yet.  The round side is a button head.  The conical side would be a pan
head if it didn't come to a point.

They could have been peened in place with a pneumatic gun and a dolly,
but there also could have been spinning operation to do the conical
heading.

I'll dig out the shots I took of the Titan out in Colorado last summer
and see if there's enough detail to get any clues.

Larry