[AJD] Generator conversion 6 to 12 volts

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Thu Feb 2 17:42:13 PST 2006

Chris,

You can get a little more out of a 6 volt generator, but not 12 volts.  I
have had generators converted for customers that want a 12 volt system.
Basically, all that is done it that you have to change the field coils and
the regulator.  Then you are good to go. If you switch to 12 volts, don't
forget to change your light bulbs, and use a 12 volt coil if you have Delco
distributor.  If you have a Wico distributor, you will have to put a
resistor in the power line to the distributor.  They are available from
Deere.

Lou