[AJD] Why paying attention to details is important... 48 A stories...

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 16:28:34 PST 2006

Dean,

      It was a bit of a let down as I was hoping to
get that tractor started today...  but what's a few
more weeks.  I have been wanting to rebuild Grandpa's
A correctly for a while,  so the block and pistons
will still get to used.  I thought that the block
change took place at 584,000 and did not even think to
look into compatibility as the tractor this block came
from and the A HC were both over 600,000 in serial
number.   As it turns out there is a block casting
change at 648,000.  I think the HC is 608,xxx..  Oh
well,  another lesson learned.

      On a side note,  I have been watching what are
described as '1941 A' light brackets with much
interest on Ebay,  but the seller is not answering my
questions.  Any idea if they are legit?

  Item number is 7586433103.

           Chris