[AT] live pto for fords (Now JDs)

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Wed Feb 1 20:59:47 PST 2006

Greg,

That's an interesting after market configuration you've described.  I am not
a John Deere guy but I am wondering if that configuration would not give
both live PTO and live hydraulics.  I am pretty sure - although not
positive - that if I turned the PTO shaft on my 52 John Deere B the factory
hydraulic pump would turn - I've removed the factory pump and installed a
live pump between the governor and the distributor so I can't check it out.
But if this assumption is true then I would think there would be live
hydraulics to power the rockshaft or an external cylinder.  Yes, it would
seem that there would have to be a way to disengage the PTO.

Both Heisler Manufacturing Company of Hudson, Iowa and M & W (founders Elmo
Meiners & Arthur Warsaw) Gear of Anchor, Illinois made hand clutches for the
Farmall H & M's.  I had an H with the M&W clutch and I remember that one or
two others on this list responded to a thread that Farmer started last Fall
that they did had either an H or M with this clutch ... possibly one of
these brands is what you are referring to.

Dudley