[AT] live pto for fords (Now JDs)

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Wed Feb 1 16:10:14 PST 2006

I am an IH kind of guy, but quite a few years ago I saw an ad with a kit to
provide live power to the "styled" JDs.  I cannot remember all the details
(such as how they turned it on and off), but basically it used a V-belt
pulley that bolted to the flywheel and a V-belt went along the left side of
the tractor to the rear, then went around 2 idler pulleys at a 90 degree
angle and around a pulley on the PTO shaft.  Not sure how much power this
system was supposed to transmit.  Never saw one in person, but saw several
ads for it.  I have, however, seen a conversion kit made for IH Hs and Ms
to provide them with live power and was told by the owner that it works great.

Greg Hass
 From the tip of Michigan's Thumb