[AT] Got a junker

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Wed Feb 1 07:40:11 PST 2006

I acquired a junker tractor yesterday. It is a Long 560 (Romanian UTB)
mudder tractor that had a giant pipe dropped across the hood out of
carelessness. The pipe smashed the hood, damaged the instrument cluster are
(but I think they are ok) and broke the valve covers. It is missing the
alternator and one part of the front driveshaft, but I think it may be worth
repairing. The price was right - free for the towing and it was only 3/4 of
a mile away. There are four 13.6x38 tires with some cracking, but over 85%
tread. That made the decision for me as I have a number of tractors with
13.6x38 tires....
    This will be an interesting modern (1976-1979 manufacture) project to
evaluate and hopefully complete. I need to finish working on the clutch on
the Oliver Super 77 diesel today to work beds and plant carrots and beets
tomorrw. That is my most important activity as it is critical to having
income!!! Then more veggies and the first potatoes next week. This may be
winter on the calendar but it is NOT the slow season at all!
        Grant Brians