[AT] Need some helpSilver King

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Sun Dec 31 14:35:39 PST 2006

I referred earlier to my friend's estate where 13 Silver Kings were sold.
Actually, one was a 1934 Plymouth and it was the first tractor sold.  It
brought $15,000.  The next tractor sold was a 1935 Silver King that appeared
identical except for the cast name on the grille.  It sold for $3,500.  That
Plymouth name was worth a LOT!  It was worth a lot more when Fate-Heath-Root
(Or whatever their name was) sold the rights to the name to the auto
company.  They legally owned it but gave it up for a fee.  :-)

I think it was before they built the tractors that they built the Plymouth
switch engines.  Powerful little brutes!

Custom, Rockol, Wards, and others I forget were built by the Custom company
near TMCOTKU at Shelbyville, IN using Chrysler engines and drive parts.
They weren't a part of Chrysler.

Frobl can fill you in on the details and correct where I'm wrong.

George Willer