[AT] Tractor PTO tire pump help needed

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 31 12:57:30 PST 2006

Dudley Rupert wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> The IHC parts catalogues for the Super A, Super H, Super MTA and W9 (and
> probably other of their parts catagolues as well but I have no knowledge of
> this) do show both the Engnair and Schrader spark plug hole pneumatic pumps
> as being optional equipment.  IHC may have also made this pneumatic pump
> themselves but again I have no knowledge of this either.
>
> I saw a John Deere with a PTO driven pneumatic pump attached to it at a show

Those spark plug tire pumps were available locally at most hardware
store/automotive supply shops years ago. I think theres a nearly new one
  not too far from me now thats still in the box. I've never used one so
don't know too much about them.
My Dad did have the John Deere p.t.o. tire pump years ago and when I was
a kid it was the preferred method of pumping up tires, seeing as the
only other option was the hand pump in those days before air
compressors. The little JD saw a lot of use and I recall it had a bit of
a loose connecting rod that would rattle some when the pressure got up
there. Unfortunately that little pump got loaned out to a neighbour many
years ago and never did make it back home. I saw a N.I.B. one at a farm
auction about three years ago but did not wait around to see what it
sold for. I'd bet it sold for more than the "new" price.

Ralph in Sask.