[AT] Need some help

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sun Dec 31 06:36:15 PST 2006

The problem with rare tractors is finding one.  Then the next problem is
finding and/or making the parts.  Since you don't have a preference I'd
suggest you start by making a list of rare tractors.  (This thread could
well be a start on that)   Then with list in hand start watching Ebay, local
and internet auctions, sale papers, farm sales, hedge rows, whatever until
you find something on the list that is still in good enough shape to fix.

One thing you can look at is common tractors with rare options.  For example
I have 3 Allis D14's, well actually 4 but MAYBE enough good parts to restore
3.  They are as common as tractors come.  However, one of them is one of 54
that came from the factory with a single front wheel.  If I ever get around
to getting it restored it would make a fine show piece among Allis guys.

Charlie