[Farmall] when is "too far gone"?

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 13:29:26 PST 2006

Steve O-
  Well, I guess your solution is as good as any other.  You are 100%  correct that I have no capacity to do such things myself as much as I  wish that I could.  I think that I previously made the point that  "mother henning" a part-out effort (that is to say "little by little")  is not in the cards.
  Maybe is one or two restoration guys were to express interest and haul  everything elsewhere with their own transport method, that could work  as opposed to the "scrap man".
  Something will work out.  It was a somewhat interesting "conversation", at least to me.
  JM

----- Original Message Follows -----
From: James Moran

>Guys/Gals-
>  As is so often the case, Mike Sloane is spot on.  These
>"characters" are strewn across the landscape and (truly)
>need to go  somewhere/anywhere.  The culprits are, of
>course, not the tractors  themselves but, rather, the
>indifference of their former owner.
>  If transportation cost and bother were not an issue, I
>would send them  right down to Mike who would remove what
>was useable and "scrap metal  value" the balance. ;'-)
>  JM

OK, JM, so what are we trying to accomplish here?  You've
got a bunch of well-worn, broken-down hulks around a
property you have apparently inherited, and you'd like to
see them gone.  Isn't the question whether to advertise them
to the old-iron community as parts machines versus calling
the scrap man?  It seems crystal clear that we've eliminated
any notion of you personally performing any restoration on
these machines.

Steve O.