[Farmall] Welding cast iron

Johng johng at donet.com
Thu Dec 28 18:47:48 PST 2006

Ah,

It is good to see a real technical response on here !   Chris probably even
knows what White Cast Iron is.

Doing Cast Iron isn't difficult if you have the basic metallurgical
knowledge of which cast iron it is and the basic savvy of which method is
best.  If you have a clean break, braze it.  If you have a ragged break,
grab the nickel.

I have old IH iron too.  One in my garage right now being restored that my
wife wants me to get the h$ll done and back over to the farm..........

Wives just don't have the love of the Old Red Beasts.........

By:
'Ol farm boy who is an engineer too......