[AT] Farmall M value?

Rick Moseley rickmoseley at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 28 15:46:08 PST 2006

I mainly lurk on ATIS but have a question for the list members.  One of
my neighbors is selling off some of his equipment and one of the items
that caught my eye is a 1944 Farmall M.  It's been restored within the
last 5 years, starts and runs good, nice paint, straight sheet metal
(including the grill), good front tires and so-so rears.  It has a
Schwartz wide front and a really nice 3-point hitch and it's been
converted to 12 volts.  The light bar is still there and the lights
work.  The only flaw I could find is the seal on the PTO shaft leaks a
bit.  My question is What is a fair price for such a tractor?  I'm
really tempted even though he seems to be asking a little more than
others I've seen.  I wouldn't even have to hook up the trailer to get it
home.

Thanks in advance for any insights you could provide.

Back to lurk mode.

Rick Moseley
Austin,TX