[AT] Wire size

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Thu Dec 28 14:11:46 PST 2006

Ron,

The diameter of AWG  #2 wire is roughly a quarter inch (0.2576 inch to be
more exact or 6.54 mm)

The diameter of AWG #4 wire is roughly two-tenths inch (0.2043 inch to be
more exact or 5.19 mm)

I am not sure what the units of 6mm² are so I am not sure this is helping
you.  If we assume wire is circular then I think the size could be expressed
as a cross section, like say 6 mm, or as a diameter, like say 6 mm, or as an
approximate AWG size, like say #2.  But if the units are millimeters squared
then I don't understand the question.

Dudley