[AT] 3 Point Backhoes NO GOOD

Jeff Pilbeam pilbeam100 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 09:27:21 PST 2006

Gentleman,

  Here is the real scoop on the Backhoe thing. I have sold probably over 300  New Tractors in my carreer so far.

  There is alot of companies that make 3 point backhoes. THEY ARE NO GOOD, PERIOD

  You have mentioned breaking the rear of the tractor, YES IT WILL HAPPEN not a question of if but WHEN.

  Most all of the SUBFRAME mount Backhoes tie the tractors cast Housings TOGETHER from Loader Mounting Mid point to Rear axle area. All compact tractors WILL IN FACT break where the TOP LINK Attaches to the tractor casting if a 3point unit is used.
  I have seen and heard of several cases.
  NOW,, subframe mounts like I Said tie everything together, and the best thing is MOST ALL of them allow  attaching-detaching the backhoe EASIER than a 3point in the first place. But remain stronger at the mount area.

  I have a couple pics of a broken Tractor caused by a 3 point hitch mount. if anyone is interested in them let me know I will email them. The biggest damage OCCURS when the tractor isnt even using the backhoe but while just simply driving on uneven ground, (with backhoe attached and stored in transport position) all the stress is placed on that top link at the tractors housing.

  Jeff Pilbeam
  Sales Consultant
  Buck & Knobby Equipment Co
  Pilbeam's Centennial Farm