[atis] Re: [AT] Ford 2110 ?

Stuart Harner sharner at starband.net
Tue Dec 26 15:39:49 PST 2006

Mike,

Thanks a bunch, this kind of confirms/fits with other information I have
found.  It would seem that this unit is a 2110 LCG (low center of gravity)
with an unusually wide rear stance and wide turf tires.
I think this was considered an industrial tractor, thus the yellow on blue
paint.  It was easy to paint the sheet metal a different color and just slap
it on the standard frame.  Agreed on the road department warning.  I work
for the county in the summer and have seen first hand how some of the idiots
they hire treat stuff.  No wonder most of the equipment is junk!

This one came from a farm, but there is no history beyond that.  A close up
personal inspection will tell me if it was well cared for or not.  I know
what to look for now. :)

My WD has a 4 cyl. 201 cid engine that I have been told was about 40 HP, but
I have never seen that in writing.  Same with the weight.  It has larger
than normal rears and when I bought it, it had a Dual 350 loader and grapple
fork.  This with the rears chloride and additional steel weights brought it
in close to 5400#.  Again, something I was told, but never confirmed.  From
what I can find the 2110 is about 3100#.

I can not find out about the hydraulics and the salesman I talked to on the
phone did not know.  It looks like I will get a chance to take a look at it
tomorrow.  I will know more then.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Stuart