[AT] diecast tractors or toys--pedal tractors

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 26 05:02:33 PST 2006

I'm all for getting the kids a restored pedal tractor. My son has my sisters
JD20 tractor and my Allis trailer. He also has a IH 450(I think) with
matching trailer with fenderskirts. I restored all of them and I must say it
is a joy to watch him ride. When I say restored, thats what I mean. I must
have over 30 hours on the IH tractor but it looks better than original,
those weren't exactly the best quality castings! So far he hasn't really
scratched up anything besides the trailers--he likes to haul gravel from the
driveway. As for the scratches I look at it like this, I painted them once,
me or someone else can paint them for the next kid to ride.

John Hall