[AT] DOT Question

Paul Waugh pwaugh at mchsi.com
Mon Dec 25 17:38:26 PST 2006

Big Big misconception, for example his state says 150 mi from home I believe
In is 100 mi, Federal DOT is bases for a guide line, but each state has the
'right' to 'improve' on DOT in their state, for what little I know about it,
and is a truckers nightmare, for example, IN does not require commercial
pullers to run a break away battery on RV's, but Ohio, and Iowa, enforce
this closely.  Fed DOT has set 8 ft wide as not wide load, awnings often
make campers 8 ft 6 in wide, most state ignore this, but AZ you have to have
a wide load one day permit to cross their state. Oh do I wish DOT did have a
standard :))

Paul