[AT] DOT Question

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Mon Dec 25 18:10:54 PST 2006

This thread reminds me that prior to retirement I drove a flatbed truck with
a DA and an expanded metal tailgate for a local farm implement dealer.  It
had no DOT numbers or registration anywhere.  The guy who took my place, had
a tendency to put the pedal to the metal and also ignored many common
courtesies while driving.  Within a couple of months, he got picked up for
speeding.  But since there was no DOT registration, no CDL, etc, they threw
the book at him.  He was held personally responsible for the citation even
though it was the company's fault for not having the DOT information.

Larry