[AT] DOT Question

Paul Waugh pwaugh at mchsi.com
Mon Dec 25 10:58:58 PST 2006

I am in the process of putting a semi on the road, in Indiana, the first
time for plates, the owner needs to travel to Indianapolis, for about a 3-4
hr duration of filling out paper work, IFTA, IRPA(?), plates and title ...
since I was running under company authority I did not think I needed a DOT
number, wrong, and when I asked, the principle idea of DOT number is to keep
track to number of vehicles on the road.  DOT and 'authority' are two
different things according to them
Paul in IN