[AT] Cockshutt 35?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 23 11:19:57 PST 2006

charlie hill wrote:
> You guys are killing me talking about this Cockshutt 35.  About 15 years
> ago a friend of mine had Cockshutt.
> One day I passed by his little store and two guys were sitting out front
> along with all of my friends possessions including the Cockshutt.  (I'm
> pretty sure it was a 35.  I could have it for $100 if I had the cash right then.   Of
> course and as usual in that sort of situation I didn't have any money on
> me other than a few dollars.  On top of that I didn't know Tony was
> sick, didn't know the two fellows and wanted to check it all out first.
> Of course you know the rest of the story.  The Cockshutt was gone when I
> came back.>

Hi Charlie
Thats a sad story alright but I bet most of us have a few of them.
Personally I missed out on a really nice Cockshutt 50 diesel a few years
ago. It belonged to a neighbour that I had worked for many years and I
knew the tractor well. Always shedded and generally pretty good
condition it was one of the later yellow hoods with full fenders. I
could have had it but at the time did not want to take it home as there
was no more room in the sheds for another tractor. So I waited having
plans to eventually build a bigger shed.
Much to my surprise I found out sometime later from the neighbour that
the tractor was sold. Some guy came along, made an offer and that was
it. Gone... Reminds me of the old saying, "He who hesitates is lost".

Ralph in Sask.