[AT] stuck good on a WD 45 engine question--FOLLOWUP

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 09:47:44 PST 2006

I keep coming back to the oil rings on this problem... What kind does
it have? Some are the multi-part ones with the hard chrome thin part
(top and bottom) and then the spring part that goes between them, and
some are the single, directional wiper type. The wiper type has to be
installed so as to wipe the oil back down the cylinder wall and if
it's reversed, it will wipe the oil INTO the cylinder, not away from
it... this is what I meant when I talked about having the oil rings in
correctly. Again, I've been told it will not affect compression, just
oil consumption. If they're the 3-piece type it doesn't apply. Dunno
if this helps but it's something  to look at if they're the
single-piece type.

Ken in AZ