[AT] stuck good on a WD 45 engine question--FOLLOWUP

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Dec 23 04:34:25 PST 2006

I would have to agree with Charlie.  It would create a lot of sleepless
nights for me wondering if I could have saved 10 bucks!!!  If you are
going to go this route, Pull the pistons, and look at the rings.
Measure the pistons and determine the clearance.  I would be happy to
offer any guidance.  I have a lot of technical literature and at least
40 years of experience, and there is a fantastic amount of knowledge and
experience on this list.   I wish I could just come over and help, but
if you are going to tear it down completely, then let's try to find the
reason where the smoke came from...

I am about to go get a c-65 chevy tandem axle truck with a 24 ft bed and
hoist this morning.  It had a fire at the firewall.  I have spent at
least 2 weeks trying to find heater parts every night.  I ahve finally
decided to put a hot rod heat and air kit in it.  I was going to try to
find salvage parts and then add air conditioning, but after putting a
pencil to the bill every way, it was only $100 difference between the
completely new system and finding salvage parts.  Now I just have to
find the dash parts.  It looks like I have a donor pickup available.  I
still have to find a hood, or make one...

Cecil in OKla