[AT] Re: NAA tire

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Thu Dec 21 20:31:30 PST 2006

Sorry to interrupt with some minimal tractor content...

My son + I got the wheel off in only 2 hours, pretty good by our standards.

Too late to get it to the tire place of course...

6 studs, 2 came easy, 2 were really tough, and 2 had other plans.

Used a 3-way rotation of PB Blaster, air impact, and cross wrench.
All the air wrench seemed to do was get the PB down into the threads.
At least we didn't have to go to cheater pipes on the cross wrench...

I think the last 2 nuts were replacement ringers, they had the little nick
on the hex points like you see on modern lugnuts.
I'll look at them carefully tomorrow, suspect they may have a different
seating taper and/or a deeper (interference?) thread.

I suppose the P.O. was worried about the wheels coming loose
when he was flying down the road in Sherman high.

I never cuss machinery, it doesn't seem to pay much attention,
but I have been known to cuss previous owners!

Dave

Dave Merchant
kosh at nesys.com
nesys_com at ameritech.net