[AT] Mags

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Dec 21 19:46:15 PST 2006

	I have a mag sitting on the shelf in the shop that I believe my father
saved off of a McCormick 10-20 back in the mid 1940's. I seem to recall
writing down the info off of it some time ago but can't remember it right
now and if I were to try to walk to the shop I would probably drown. Rain,
rain, rain... This Mag has a full sheet metal brass case. It would surely
buff up very nice. I do remember that he prized it rather highly back then.
Maybe I can paddle out to the shop tomorrow and look for the name.
	The Farmall mag on my 1947 CUB has certainly been trouble free for a very
long time. Of course now that I bragged on it the silly thing probably just
fell off of the tractor onto the ground and broke into pieces.   ;-)
	The original distributor on "Spooky Old Allis" (my 1946 C) is a
Fairbanks/Morse and looks just like a mag. I still have it but the C is
running on a WD distributor now. Some day I would like to replace the
internal coil in the original and put it back on. Back when it quit those
coils were impossible to find but they can be bought again now. Actually I
believe someone here pointed me to the replacements.

--
"farmer"  -  ***** H A P P Y   H O L I D A Y S *****

If you cut a tree plant at least two to replace it...

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net