[AT] Mags

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Dec 21 20:26:39 PST 2006

Francis Robinson wrote:
> 	I have a mag sitting on the shelf in the shop that I believe my father
> saved off of a McCormick 10-20 back in the mid 1940's. I seem to recall
> writing down the info off of it some time ago but can't remember it right
> now and if I were to try to walk to the shop I would probably drown. Rain,
> rain, rain... This Mag has a full sheet metal brass case. It would surely
> buff up very nice. I do remember that he prized it rather highly back then.

Just a wild guess but the name "Dixie Splitdorf" comes to mind when we
are thinking of McCormick magnetos . My old 15-30 "lawn ornament" I
think has one of these mags on it.
I've got a few old Case mags off DC4 tractors, seems to me they are
mostly Wico or Fairbanks Morse. None of them ever seemed to have enough
"juice" to start that stubborn old DC4 without resulting in pull
starting with another tractor. Usually one of my reliable old Cockshutt
tractors to the rescue.

Ralph in Sask.