[AT] Nice day in Sask.

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Thu Dec 21 12:56:41 PST 2006

    Ralph;
    Nice tractor Ralph. Brings back memories of high school days when I
drove a Co=op E4 and Cockshutt 50 diesel. They were nearly new tractors
then. Put a lot of hours on them and covered a lot of acres. These were big
tractors in those days and pulling 3 and 4 bottom moldboard plows we could
turn a lot of ground. Being young, the long hours were not a problem.
    I once drove the E-4 into the creek at the end of the field when the pin
through the universal joint on the steering shaft came out. Had started the
turn, I thought, and turned around to see if the plow had raised, and when I
turned around, I was already going down the bank of the creek. Fortunately,
Jim was also there with the 50 and a chain and we pulled it out after
putting a bolt in the shaft. As far as I know, his dad never heard about
that experience.

                        Gene