[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 34, Issue 21

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 21 10:44:38 PST 2006

I usually like to dismount, wirewheel, then prime and paint with a rust
proofing paint.. or a catylizing primer.. etc , and epoxy based paint for a
good smooth 'friendly' surface for the tube..

About 4ys ago I had a 2n front ( 3x19 ) that was more rust and weld/braze
than original rim.  I wire wheeled and sanded on it for hours.. then primed
with a rust control primer.. let her dry, then did 2 coats of epoxy paint
before addint he tube and tire.. she hold air to this day..

Soundguy