[AT] Does Walt .../language barrier

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 03:43:01 PST 2006

> Translation software? Sometimes, a few times a year
> I use an online
> dictionary, it is able to translate maybe one word
> out of three. The rest
> I've learned from friends, school and telly. My
> technical english has really
> improved the years I've been on this list.
>

> Mattias

   I find it neat how people learn a new language. I
worked with a Mexican (legal by the way) who learned
english by watching cartoons first in spanish then the
same in english. When he first started at the concrete
plant his english was broken, hard to understand but
after the first few months he spoke almost as well as
anybody.
     I used to joke with him that he should of stuck
with Yogi Bear and Bugs Bunny to teach him proper
english. Rather than allowing them thar' rednecks to
learn him to talk.

Danny Tabor