[AT] Magazine scam

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Dec 20 17:27:03 PST 2006

	I am now up to about 6 subscriptions and we got a call yesterday from a
neighbor lady just down the road on the same side north 2 houses wondering
why we were giving a subscription of "Golf" to her dead husband. The invoice
came today and we called the other neighbor down the road on the other side
to tell him it was a hoax. They had already figured it was a hoax and his
wife said he was threatening to send me one to "Scuba Diving".   ;-)   I own
a dozen lists and I am on a number of others including a bunch of genealogy
surname list. I have not seen any mention of it any place except in
connection with ATIS... It was either initiated by a current or former list
member or list information has been hacked. Otherwise it would be popping up
on other list. I own one list with over a thousand members, I will ask there
if anyone else has seen this happening. I'll let you know what I hear from
them.
	Since these are my close neighbors I am sure I am a specific target since
these neighbors are not computer oriented. Their names are obviously coming
from some kind of directory based from my name since they are geographically
quite close.

--
"farmer"  -  ***** H A P P Y   H O L I D A Y S *****

If you cut a tree plant at least two to replace it...

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net