[AT] NAA tire

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Dec 20 10:59:47 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

Dave,

I don't know which one is the correct size. But you can get the front tire
on easily.

I coat the beads of the tire and rim with Murphy's Oil Soap. All I do is
soak a rag with Murphy's and then wipe it on the beads. I have tried using
soapy water, believe me, Murphy's makes a day and night difference. I can
usually get the first side of the tire on the rim without irons.  I then put
the tube in.  Then I take tire irons and work the second bead of the tire
onto the rim.  With a new tire and Murphy's, the tire should go on real
easy.

Lou

	Use Murphy's oil soap, avoid Murphy's Law...   ;-)
	The only thing I can think of to say is to be *****"VERY"***** careful of
just where the tips of the tire irons go. I have changed a zillion tires
that way but even now, once in a great while, I slip and pinch a hole in
one. Usually in the middle of a long, loud string of profanity because that
particular tire is ultra tight at the bead... Some tires will fit very loose
and can be installed just with your hands and some 16"s you would swear were
15"s. Keep the tube pushed down out of the future path of the tire tip. A
few minutes doing that will save pulling it back apart, patching a tube and
going back together.
	Drop by with the tire and wheel and I will put it on with the changer for
free. Of course the trip might be a little costly.   ;-)
	I "think" our NAA came with 6:00 x 16"s on the front. Regardless, I would
just match the one good one.

--
"farmer"  -  ***** H A P P Y   H O L I D A Y S *****

If you cut a tree plant at least two to replace it...

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net