[AT] Tire Info

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sun Dec 17 10:31:37 PST 2006

Richard,   In many areas of the country the tire store is going to look at
the tire load plate (usually in the drivers door frame).  They won't install
any tire that doesn't meet or exceed the load, speed, temp and traction
ratings stamped on that plate.  I think it is federal law but out in the
country folks still ignore it to some degree.  If you take your truck to a
Sams Club, Firstone store, etc. they probably will hold you to that
standard.

If your truck is a F 350 or 3500 GM etc.  You'll probably be required to use
load range E tires.  I'm not sure about the F 250 and 2500 series trucks.

Here is a good way to find out what you need.   WWW.TireRack.com

Charlie