[AT] Whats ?

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Dec 17 03:41:19 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

Sound like a neat way to aquire some good old tractors. I heard Farmer was
clearing out some stuff. Maybe I'll send him an e-mail.

John K.

	It's been a number of years since any tractors left TMCOTKU...   ;-)
The first batch of stuff left as complete implements. The second went to a
young man that was willing to buy what ever I was willing to part with and
clean everything up as he went. Everybody else wanted to just pick and
choose the easy stuff. I sold it to him pretty cheap but I didn't have to
lift a finger and I had no problem with him trying to sneak other stuff I
had into a load. I tied orange safety tape onto keeper items that were with
the stuff I was selling and every piece so labeled is still there. I could
have pretty much taken bids but some of those guys made me very nervous even
being on the farm. I wanted certain stuff gone more than I wanted to make a
buck on it. I wanted him to be able to make good money on it too. He made
out very well indeed on some of it but he and his helper earned every penny
when they started cutting up 3 old combines...   ;-)
	I need to sort out another batch soon. I have some stuff back in a woods
and behind the west barn in the edge of a field that I want gone. Now that I
have retired from grain farming I need to keep a different type of junk on
hand and in a smaller quantity. Some of that stuff back in the little woods
was moved here when we moved here in 1951 and was acquired by my father
during the 1940's.
	A guy stopped by yesterday wanting to buy one of a pair of spin-out rims I
have that came off of a Ford 8000. He was wanting it for a fire ring in his
backyard. I think he was gasping for air as he staggered back to his car
after I quoted him the price...   ;-)   ;-)   I suspect he was thinking
something more like $5 to $20 and I quoted him $200 for the pair. Those are
in really good shape and I thought maybe I was going to sell them at the
Portland swap meet. The possible buyers there were more concerned about if
they could make them work for their application than the price. We bought
them from Roberts Farm Equipment near Morning Sun OH some years ago back
when my father was still living and still active on the farm. They were $400
for the pair then. We were going to modify them a little and put them on the
back of the Super M that has a loader on it but I later decided that I
didn't want to use them. I suppose that this last guy will recover in a week
or so.   ;-)   I get several guys a year these days looking for fire ring
wheels. I use a rim for a fire ring myself but mine is a 20" semi rim. I
also have another fire ring that is two concrete spacer rings that are
normally used to extend the top opening of a septic tank up to the surface.
I believe they are also used to extend a manhole up in about 6" increments.
They are cast with a ring and groove that locks together as they stack up. I
salvaged them from an excavating job I did maybe 10 years ago. The guy that
had installed the septic system 'bought several and used a few on the job
and just tossed these two new leftovers in a nearby ditch and left them.
	One big reason I am selling a lot of scrap is that there is too much risk
of a horse getting out either here or at several neighbors and getting hurt
running through it. A horse is about the only animal that could hurt itself
playing with a Nerf ball.   ;-)

--
"farmer"  -  ***** H A P P Y   H O L I D A Y S *****

If you cut a tree plant at least two to replace it...

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net