[AT] Farmall serial #

Kevin ironman1962 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 16 17:59:32 PST 2006

Hi yall,    we found another tractor to bring home today.  Well I followed it home, was running to town to get some small parts for the M. And seen a Farmall H sitting with the hood off so I figured on stopping on the way home check it out.  Anyways after checking the oil for water, making sure it wasnt stuck.
I offered him $300 bucks for it, well he bit on that. So now I had to come home an get trailer. He ask how was I going to get it home ?  I told him I was going to get someone to steer it. That I would pull it with the Dodge.
He had to come to the house anyways to get paid, so he says he would deliver.
Im thinking cool I aint got to do nothing but foller it home.
Drag it off their trailer payem done deal.
Now this dude has a magneto on it that looked like kids have been unscrewing everything on it. but thats ok I got a mag off a C on the shelf at home. A kid came out of a side building with the carb in his hand, they hadnt got it took apart yet im thinking YEAH and grabbed it up before they found a screwdriver :-)
Changed out mags, no spark so i took it apart start checking points coil ect.
Finally abt dark I got it to fireing, the points spring seems weak or stiff on their pivot. I shot a little wd40 on the pivot an will continue in the morning.
I need a battery distributor to bolt on it, and thought there was one here.
There was one came off the M but it left with the M engine.   Anyone have any ideas about farmall letter series mags ?
Since its what im going to have to work with.
ironman
Kevin Mosier