[Ford-ferguson] Usual and customary

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Sat Dec 16 14:24:49 PST 2006

It should have been insured.  I package all my shipment very well.  UPS and
FED EX beat the living daylights out of packages.  Some packages that I have
sent have broken open.  Even double boxed items.  The item is then lost or
damaged.  It is not the fault of the person shipping or the person
receiving.  That is why shipping insurance is important.  When I have a
customer that doesn't want to spend the extra few dollars on insurance, I
make sure they understand, if it is lost or damaged, it is their problem,
not mine.  The first $100 insurance is free with UPS.

I use to work at UPS at the Columbus, OH hub. That was when I was in
college.  There are several people handling the packages. A lot of them
don't really care if the item gets broken or lost.  There were some people
that lived to see a "FRAGILE" sticker.  Then they would purposely try to
break the item.  That used to make me very angry.

Lou