[AT] Degree symbol--know how?

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Wed Dec 13 10:32:59 PST 2006

Hey Steve, whatever happened to the old masculine and feminine symbols?  Are
we now so politically correct that those have been deleted from our lexicon?
Where such an item is defined in the Windows fonts, it appears as a lower
case superscript a(ª ) for feminine and o( º) for masculine.  It also
appears that the rest of the alchemy symbols are missing.  I don't see any
of them showing up in System, Symbol, Wingdings, or any other font.

It's not that I ever used them, it's just that I didn't realize that they're
gone.  If anybody receives this message on their computer with the old
masculine and feminine symbols showing inside the parentheses in the above
paragraph, I'd sure like to know about it.

Larry