[AT] stuck good on a WD 45 engine question!

tomehrkam at houston.rr.com tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Tue Dec 12 06:57:20 PST 2006

How can you be sure the head gasket is OK.

I had a Chevy 454 that started burning oil after an intake manifold job.
We could not find anything wrong with the gaskets but changing them
solved the problem.

Gaskets looked perfect. They were installed correctly and the
compression marks from the manifolds looked correct. We just had a
massive vacuum leak somewhere. It was fuel injection and the engine ran
fine it just burnt oil.