[AT] IH B275 Diesel

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Mon Dec 11 23:11:00 PST 2006

This crazy tractor is giving me fits.  I bought one new glow plug and
compared the resistance to my plugs and found I had two bad glow plugs.
I also bought an new resistor/indicator.  Wired it according to the
diagram.  Tested it and the indicator did not show anything, checked the
voltage along the line and found number two glow plug (a new one) had
melted. Checked the wiring and everything was according to the diagram.
Bought another glow plug and tried it again with the same results, number
two melted.  This system sucks, the voltages can only be checked when
energized but the glow plug only lasts a coupe of seconds.  Who would
know if there are 12v glow plugs that will fit directly in the head?  I
am even considering drilling these out to fit another design glow plug.
Any advise?

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California