[AT] wood heaters

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Sun Dec 10 16:00:37 PST 2006

I tend to agree with Mattias & Charlie - too many folks that have outside
boilers think they can also use them as incinerators to burn some of their
garbage in. I'm county chair for the Environmental Mgmt Council, and the
vast majority of complaints we receive about foul and dense smoke from
outside units turn out to be caused by users trying to burn trash in their
units. This only adds fuel (pardon the pun) to the pressure for adopting
stricter codes and inspections of or banning outside boilers altogether.

Bob