[AT] Old time cures--Pinee for Charlie

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Sat Dec 9 18:52:45 PST 2006

Charlie, next time you are around Richlands, go by Onslow Feed n' Grain.
I think he had the "human" Pinee on the counter the last time I was in
there.  They quit making both the clear and the "livestock" version for
several years but it's back, I picked up a bottle of the livestock
preparation last week.  For the benefit of others that have not seen it,
as Charlie said it is an excellent cut & scrape treatment and daddy has
used it for years whenever he castrates little pigs. When doing so, I
have always been the designated "holder," a job I despised (and still
do, but thankfully he does most of it himself now since I am grown and
gainfully employed) probably more than any other job I have ever had to
do on the farm. Anyway.  One time, I was doing my job, the pig got to
kicking, and next thing I knew daddy had sliced my FINGER.  First thing
he did (much to my displeasure, at the time I was still in high school
and fussier about things than I am now) was dab my finger with pinee
using the same homemade 'mop'--a piece of cotton cloth tied to a maple
stick--he used on the pigs' butts.  He didn't miss the bone by far, but
my finger healed in no time....it was a total accident, and the only
time either one of us has ever gotten cut.

Al